Last week was so busy with school! We only have about 3 weeks left of Caleb's K4, and I cannot believe how fast it went! Wow, what a year. It's been amazing to watch him learn to read right before my eyes! But, I'll reminisce more when we're actually done. :)
Here's a little of what we did this past week.
I've been focusing on his reading, and making it fun any way I can.
He asked to do the words in the bowl of rice again, so we did that.
Our big thing this week was introducing the long vowels! We spent alot of time in front of the chalkboard in the toy room marking words and talking about which vowel sound and all of that.
He seemed to take to them pretty well. He was repeating the 2 vowel rule with
me, so I hope soon it will become second nature for him to read a long vowel word
just as easy as a short vowel word.
He does alot of writing/math/phonics worksheets everyday.
It has really improved his writing alot!
We went over our Bible verses every day, and did the Creation lapbook.
He loved coloring alot this week. First the butterfly, (he's been interested in caterpillars)
And then a color by number! So fun.
This is his weeks worth of worksheets he does. And he does them well and without complaint!
Big boy.
With Ayden, we just really focused on shapes this week. He
follows Caleb everywhere and always wants to do what he's doing,
so when I pulled this out he was SO excited!
He was so proud of himself to get them right!
When I went to put it away, he wanted to do it again! And that
made my heart happy! :)
And here's to another week!











2 comments:
Excellent week of teaching, Erin!
Awesome Erin!1 Looks like he is doing great!
Post a Comment