Monday, May 24, 2010

6 years!

My hubby and I celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary this past weekend! 
We dropped the kiddos off at the grandparents house, and headed to Baton Rouge for the night.
We went shopping at the Mall of Louisiana, and then headed to Copelands to eat!
(If you're ever in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, or Slidell, eat at Copelands!!)
We had delicious food, and AMAZING cheesecake!
After dinner, we rolled ourselves, haha just kidding, we drove about a minute to the movies to see when Iron Man 2 played. Lucky for us it was playing in 10 minutes, so we got our tickets and went in.

It was a GREAT movie. I loved it just as much as the first one! We headed to Super Target for a late night shopping trip (ok only 1000, but we don't shop that late ever with our kiddos!), and then went back to the hotel to rest up for the next day at the waterpark!
We didn't wake up til' 830 the next morning, wow it was awesome to sleep in, but I actually had to force myself to do it! LOL  We got to Blue Bayou right when it opened at 10am, and had a BLAST. It was so much fun! We had been to a waterpark together with the kids in Germany, but never been to an outdoors one together where we could just go ride whatever, whenever! It was so fun!

Wish I would have take more pics of the rides, but was too busy having too much fun!! 
I got my workout in too, there were soooo many stairs! LOL
We did melt a little everytime we passed the kids area, it's so neat and we kept talking about how we couldn't wait to bring the kids with us next time, and play with them. We enjoyed just being together and goofing off together with no big responsibilities, it was so much fun.

We headed back to get the kids around 330, but didn't actually get there until 7ish because of and insane detour that costed us 2 hours. It was horrible, but we did have lots of laughs about it.

We were so happy to be back with our kiddos, we even went for a swim right after eating because they were begging us to go with them. They are too cute. We are beyond grateful for parents that are so willing to watch our kids so we could celebrate, they are awesome!

I'm so happy I married my best friend. Wouldn't know what I'd do without him!
And we have some pretty cute kiddos too. I'm so blessed.

1 comments:

Mommy2Layla said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I'm glad you got to spend some time together just the two of you (even though I'm sure the only thing you guys talked about were the boys)! :)

CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »