Monday, February 1, 2010

School fun with the Cbear.














Last Thursday/Friday in school with Caleb we were focusing on the sound that G makes. We are using Abeka, and they don't go in the order of the alphabet, but in a way that helps them learn so easily, and retain so much information. I love it! It moves really fast from letter to letter, but Caleb gets it really easily because he's know his alphabet for quite a while, so now it's just about learning the sounds and putting them into action. It's awesome.














So he used Green construction paper, Green fuzzies, and Glue for his project. He drew the G on the paper first with a pencil and then traced it with the glue. He loves making things, just like his mama. :) He has his concentration face on here! And stupid me forgot to take a picture of the finished product, but it was super cute. :)













And here are all the blends he knows! He can read 3 letter words with these blends like mat, bit, leg, him..etc. It's SO awesome to hear him read!













Here was our tasty treat, a Graham cracker! Haha, he loves food, that boy. Onto R and F this coming week! I'm excited to see what fun things we can do with those letters. And sorry, no pictures of sweet Ayden, he was napping during school on this day! :) THAT boy loves his sleep, ahhh just like his momma too!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Aweee....looks like so much fun!! I love school crafty things like that. I still haven't decided if I am going to use Abeka or not. Ugh.....I just can't decide. I probably will though!! I will text you about it later. LOL Like ALWAYS! LOL

Mommy2Layla said...

It always looks like you guys have so much fun! You're such a great mommy! :)

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Great job integrating his other senses in learning. I too, am trying to decide whether to use A Beka or something else. Anyways, this looks like a lot of fun.

Love,
Sarah

CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »