Friday, February 5, 2010

Spicing up the light switch!

So I've been working on a project for the boys room, and got this cute scrapbook paper for it, and had some left over! I figured I would put it to good use by adding some flair to their light switch cover!
I mod podged the light switch and carefully placed the paper on there, cutting off the excess. I then modpodged the top of it to secure it.

I used D's razor blade thinymabobber to cut the holes for the switch part, and just popped the screws back in for the other holes..

and voila! Not perfect, but it only took like 5 minutes! LOL
Looks way cute in their airplane room, I think!
Just be careful that you make sure it's *not* wet before screwing it back in the wall! The paper could tear a bi, and you might have to redo it...ahh yes, I am talking from experience!
But that matters not, because my 4 year old Caleb still came up to me and said, "oh Momma, it looks great!" Ahhh so sweet. :)

3 comments:

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

You know how much $$ people pay for less cute ones at the store?! You should go in biz-ness. lol. It turned out really cute.

Love,
Sarah

Erin@The Phillips Fam said...

Thanks :) I love it, and it was cheap & easy! So glad you have your PC back!

seven thirty three said...

Inexpensive and cute. Great combination!

Thanks for linking up today.

CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »