Thursday, April 22, 2010

School time--outside!

After Cbear got finished doing his handwriting papers,
and Ayden finished going over a few ABC's,
we headed to the great outdoors for some fun learning time.

First we looked at the weather outside, and
Caleb decided it was definitely sunny!
And we sang a song about it too!
Then I wrote a bunch of numbers, (10-30)
and had him stand on each one and tell me what it was.
Then after he successfully told me the right answer, he got to cross it off!
He did well, and really liked being outside!
Though, I did notice that the concrete trucks going by sure had
him distracted a few times. Haha
Then, I made hopscotch squares, and took our blend ladders out.
When Caleb would hop on them, he had to say the blends.
Ayden even got in on the hopping action.
The boys just loved jumping into the squares!
And it was so nice to be outdoors for part of our school time today!

11 comments:

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Looks like so much fun! :) I love doing stuff like that. Quick ? Are your blend ladders from ABeka? I would really like to have something like that, but haven't invested any $ yet into curriculum. heehee. (Just using free printables this year) Do you like the program you're using? Ok that was more than one ? but I was curious. :) I need to give you a call sometime... so much to talk about. Oooh! And look at my Friday Faves post this week- - I'm linking this cutesy weather wheel I'm thinking about making. I know you would like it too. Ok. I'll stop hogging your comment box! lol

Love,
Sarah

Unknown said...

WOW, that's really fun, good job. You have a talent for making learning things fun!
Happy new friend Friday!
I am following you now, come follow me!
Gros bisous
Frenchy

Cindy said...

Great week! Such great ideas for learning outside!

Allison R said...

What a GREAT way to make learning fun! I'm visiting from New Friend Friday at The Girl Creative.

Unknown said...

Fun Fun Fun!! You proved that learning can be exciting at the same time.

Mandi Miller said...

Such great ideas for learning!! My daughter is only one and we plan on homeschooling her... I am already feeling overwhelmed about it! Haha! When the times I will need to come back here if you are still blogging!
I am following you now and found you through New Friend Friday!

Unknown said...

It does my heart good to see new homeschoolers! I have to say there has never been a day I regretted homeschooling my son. It was tough but so worth it. My son is polite, thoughtful, a joy to be around and he is EIGHTEEN!! How many parents can say that about their eighteen year old. Just thought I'd throw some words of encouragement from the other side!:)

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

How cute! It looks so fun! I am sure they loved having a lesson outside. I wish it was nice enough to be outside here!
Stopping by from New Friend Friday!

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

I jumped over from New Friend Friday and am so happy that I did! What fun! ..and great photos! I have become your newest follower and would be honored if you choose to do the same! until later...

Wendy said...

Learning outside is positively wonderful. There's nothing like fresh air and exercise to grow excitement. :-)
I like the idea of having kiddos stand on the numbers and cross them off as they get each answer correct. Great ideas!

Ticia said...

I should totally have them write numbers outside, that would be so much fun.

CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »