Sunday, April 18, 2010

Pre-school in the fast lane!

We had another fun week of school since being away from home.
Caleb's done really well with it, and I'm glad we've kept up
with it, despite how busy we've been!
Here's a typical day..

He does wonderful with his handwriting!

We went over his letters/sounds/recognition.

All repetitive--all the time.

Love that!


I wrote some words on the board which he had to sound out..

and got to cross off when he read them!

Didn't have a problem with any.. I'm so proud. :)

Then onto the sentence reading.

He has to tell me what makes it a sentence, and then read it.

He's catching on quite well!So after the first sentence I wrote another one below it.

It read, "Caleb is fun."He thought it was the funniest.thing.ever.See? Ahh what a cutie.
Then we did some math. He connected the dots, and counted as he did it..tracing and saying the numbers..

and a numbers guessing game.. He excels in math,
just like daddy!


Then we did some number flashcards, and a little more reading from his

blend ladder book! And that was that!

So glad we can travel and still get our school time done!

Although, I have to say, I am loving the LifeLearning we do too.

Just watching him be a kid, play with toys, enjoy the grandparents!

That's why I haven't done too much school with Ayden here, he's not even 3 yet, and I'm not stressing it. There are things taught by Grandparents that

neither of them can and will never get from a textbook.

and those things, they're priceless.

1 comments:

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

I love Caleb's laughing/smiling pictures. He's so funny! :)

Love,
Sarah

CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »