So my mom has had these chairs & dining room set as long as I can remember,
and I think as long as I've been alive!
They are solid, and have held up really well.
They've been through countless school/church kids,
as well as mine and my brothers kids. (5 grandchildren, 4 of which are boys)
So that's saying something! :)
Here's a before and after of the chairs..
And here's how it was done.
First Grandma took the screws off of the chair padding part..
And here's mom with the chair seat pad, taking all the old staples off..
And here's the chair, seat-less!
Grandma is so wise, I'm learning so much from her!
Here she is using the old covering from the seat to make her pattern with the new fabric..
such beautiful fabric, goes perfect with my Mom's kitchen!
Oh yeah, they even made me do a complete chair by myself! Wasn't too hard either!
Here's the last step, the staple gun! I had never used one before, {gasp!} but it
was soooo fun! I had a good time with it.
Anyway, all we had to do was grab our fabric that we cut out using the old
covering, and stretch it on the pad part, then staple all around it!











28 comments:
I love it!!! :) I used a staple gun for the 1st time last week for Aliyah's party- and I agree. It is soooo fun. I think it's time to start investing in some Pink Power Tools, whaddya think?! lol. Since we do everything else together girl... ha! Tell Nan that I really like the way they turned out. Woohoo! And awwww... love that Grandma was part of the process. She's one amazing lady.
Love,
Sarah
WOW! What a team!!! They look great!
m ^..^
These turned out beautiful and what a wonderful experience and memories you made working along side your grandmother.
They turned out great, how nice to have everyone work on them too!
Turned out beautifully! It's nice to get a new look for chairs with a little effort and very little money!
They look brand new and so great to do projects with Mom and Grandmom. Lucky girls.
Very nice chairs and doing it together is as sweet as can be. Lucky you to have your family so close to you. Hope you'll come by Atticmag for our really useful giveaway. -- Jane F.
Those looks so much better! I love the fabric!
Look'n good! Thanks for linking up with Mad Skills Monday!
Ginger
those are really nice!
Awesome job!!! I need to be redoing my kitchen chairs and I am so inspired now!!
Hugs, Lana
Great redo! I love to use a staple gun!
Great idea!
Lucky you having extra help!!:)
Thanks for linking up to "AP Tuesdays!" Hope to see you next week!!
Wonderful! I love that you all did it together! (And it really makes me miss my grandma!)
☺ Celeste
Great job! They look like completely different chairs!
Thanks for linking at Lucky Star Lane!
That is one project I need to do too. How fun to see three generations working together.
My is my list growing longer by the day.
Found you at Anti Procrastination Tuesday.
They look amazing! Love that you did them together. What a neat project.
What a wonderful project to do together! These chairs are like new again, no, scratch that, better than new. Working on a project with 3 generations, priceless.
Rose
These turned out so good! Thanks for linking up to this week's Super Crafty Saturday!
They look great! I think that it is so cool that you worked with your grandma! We can learn so much from our grandmothers! : )
Your grandma is adorable! And those chairs turned out fantastic.
Thank you for linking this to A Little Craft Therapy with Life in the Pitts
I love that you all worked on it together, what a fabulous redo! Thanks so much for sharing!
They turned out great! Thanks for linking up!!
they look so good!
Thanks for linking up to the Weekend Wrap Up Party!
I hope you will link up and show us more of your projects!
XOXO
Jen
Great job - what a family event!!! I love that you got your mom and grandma in action - precious!!!!
Love the chairs by the way!
Thanks for planting your creative seed at Plant a Punkin Seed Party! Come back and plant again next week!
Kristi
Punkin Seed Productions
They turned out great! How fun to have three generations of women working together!
Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours Day!
Great job on these! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!
So much better! Nice work, ladies.
Post a Comment