Friday, March 19, 2010

Our typical Pre-school time..

We usually start around 930, after they eat, watch a couple of their fave PBS shows,
and get dressed for the day.

Caleb starts out with a few number sheets to work on by himself while I get all of my stuff ready.
(Don't mind the bed there, the boys were jumping on it earlier.. LOL)
Ayden sits down and does a coloring sheet. He enjoys being
at his desk just like bubba.
After he finishes the number sheets we'll go over word flashcards, and blend ladders.
He only has TWO more blend ladders to learn!! He's doing awesome!
Today he got his first little book! He was super excited about it.
He was actually hoping there would be reading in it.
But for now there was just matching games with the uppercase and lowercase letters.
He did that easily, I knew he would!
This would be about the time Ayden decides to peel the paper off of the crayons,
jump off of the play kitchen, or go grab a frozen waffle.
You know, something mischievous, that will get our attention. ;)
After our reviews, Caleb does some writing, usually about 3 pages, sometimes more.
He's getting really good! This was his first day writing Z's, and he took off with it!
Then I write some words on the chalkboard for him to sound out. He does SO well with it!
(See his Z's below my z? pretty good I think!)
We will then write a few numbers, either using this dry erase pad, or the chalkboard.
We also go over his Bible verses after that, and try to learn a new one!
Speaking of, it's time for a new one..

I just ordered and got these, I think they are cute, and a fun way for the
boys to learn how to hide His word in their little hearts. :)
Now with Ayden, well, he's 2.5. Need I say more?
He doesn't have much of an attention span.
BUT, he does love his ABC's.
A dear friend of mine passed these awesome little books down to me.
They are so colorful, with little pictures and words inside each one!
Both boys love them and they are PERFECT for Ayden's age.
She also gave me these ABC blocks! Ayden really loves these.
He lifts them up and tells me the letter! So cute. Right now he only recognizes A, B, & E.
Still, so adorable though!
By this time it's usually nearing 11, and the boys are so DONE at sitting still in a room.
I have them go play while I make them a lunch.
And they LOVE that time. :)
And so do I. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like the boys have a wonderful time learning at home. You're doing a great job being diligent in teaching them! Have you considered homeschooling past pre-school?

mommyof2tuties said...

So I just found your blog and I love it. Such cool ideas. I have a 3 year old (2 weeks anyway). What curriculm do you use? If any. Also, how in the heck do you keep your house soooo clean? I cant wait to visit again.

Erin@The Phillips Fam said...

Hey! Thanks for the comments! I use Abeka curriculum, K4, right now. We are in the deciding stages of whether to send him on to half day K5 at a private school here locally or to homeschool one more year. Not sure yet!!

I.am.always.cleaning! LOL

CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »