Friday, January 15, 2010

Chicken Pesto! So delicious..

Chicken pesto is something we eat at least once a month in this household. It's not good for you, it's not hard to make, but it's SO yummy. My friend Kim made this for a Valentine's banquet at our church in Germany, that we were doing for the spouses of deployed soldiers, and the moment I tasted it, I knew I had to have the recipe. I think of her and her awesome family every time we have it here! Miss you Kim!!

SO here goes...prepare to be addicted...





Ingredients:
about 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 jar pesto
1-1.5 jar(s) alfredo sauce
butter
adobo or preferred seasonings
10 oz. box penne pasta

4 comments:

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Looks delish! :) Do you have a recommendation on where to buy adobo? I know in NM you could buy the stuff everywhere. I haven't looked for it here. ? Is it in the regular spice aisle? Thanks for sharing a recipe.

Hey, I've been thinking about doing a "link party" on Thursdays for recipes. What do you think? It might be just me, you and Emily, but that's alright by me. :) Would you join??? Or maybe there's already a blog that does that. Not sure.

Oh, and also, I make my own alfredo sauce... you should try it, too. It's easy, and taste yummier than the jar stuff- like it compares to Olive Garden's Alfredo. Seriously. :)

Love ya!
-Sarah

Erin@The Phillips Fam said...

Sounds like a good idea to me! I'm in!

Erin@The Phillips Fam said...

Oh and about the Adobo, I haven't found it here yet. They carried it at the commy in Germany but not here? Weird. Anyway, I just use a mixture of onion salt, garlic powder, and natures seasoning. You don't want the chicken to have too much flavor, just a good little kick! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for the receipe!!! :) It's so good... Kim also gave me a receipe for it too...loving both versions!

CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »