Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Monday madness!!

Or not.. :) Mondays used to be the most frustrating day of the week ever for me! There was always a ton of laundry from the weekend, dirty floors, a dirty kitchen, and well, with me that throws me all out of wack. So lately, I've been making little changes here and there so Mondays are a good thing. They don't have to be bad!!

For starters, awhile ago we started doing breakfast for dinner every Monday night.
#1-it's easier to make, and doesn't take much time.
#2-The kids can help. Caleb cracks eggs like a chef! Seriously, this boy has got it. He even knows exactly what ingredients go in the scrambled eggs, and give that boy a wisk and he's good to go! And Ayden likes to sprinkle (and eat) the cheese.
#3--it's yummy. Everyone loves breakfast at this house, and it's easy peasy to clean up from!
#4- the hubs loves breakfast food. Makes him happy. :)

So along with the dinner change on Monday nights, I started making sure that I get most of my cleaning of the big areas done late Sunday night so I don't wake up to it! I usually don't leave it dirty anyway, but Sundays are so crazy, and we're usually quite tired. Now I still have the ton of laundry to catch up on, but I don't care, I just make sure it's sorted, and started on Monday, and Tuesdays are now my laundry/floor mopping days!

Mondays are also our movie nights! Tonight was Free Willy and the boys LOVED it!! Caleb was so into it even though he was so incredibly tired from not napping! It was way cute. And hearing Ayden scream, Whale,whale! was pretty cute too :) It was so sweet because Caleb was letting me lay on his lap, and playing with my hair, and Ayden was on my back! He wouldn't stay still for the pic with my phone though, go figure!
Overall the Mondays are great now. Yeah, we still have to clean, and do school, and not all the fun things, but if everything doesn't get done on the dreaded Monday, who cares? So please tell me I'm not the only one who goes through this right? Sharing is caring!! LOL Share your Monday (or whatever day) madness with me too!! It's been so nice to somewhat remedy the loathing I had towards Mondays...

And here are a few FUN things we did get done with today's Monday madness!
There was bathtime this morning since they didn't get one last night. They just had to get in our tub and put the jets on. Hahaha and of course they had to shave!
Caleb kept saying, "Mama, do I have any shave left on my face?" LOL So funny. Ayden just kept laughing and yelling "Shave shave!!"

We did school. After reviewing his blend ladders, I had all the letters he knows out and just drew a circle. He got to fill in one body part if he told me which letter it was, the sound, and the name and picture that is associated with it. He did awesome, and drew quite the character.
After he finished I asked him what the character's name was and he said, "well I don't know.." And so I said, "Well is his name Caleb?" And he says, "No, I think his name's Wesley." How sweet!! He loves his cousin Wes so much and talks about him constantly. (They are both 4, pretty cute!)
After this we went on to his words he has to sound out, and he's doing SO great. It's so amazing to watch him learn to read!!

After nap and rest time for the boys, Daddy came home, and I got dinner in the oven and went out front with them to watch them ride bikes. They are so cute out there, I love watching them have so much fun.
This one has some motion blur in it, but so cute because Caleb always has that tongue out while riding! It's his concentration thing!! Hahaha

Then Target.Movie.Bedtime.Mommy blogtime. :)

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Aww! My heart pitter-pattered just now when I read that Caleb named his "guy" Wesley. Awww!! That's the sweetest thing ever. And I just love how he says it, "Wes-wey." I need a video of that. :)

And, yes. Mondays are rough. Even with it being Mike's day off, we still deal with that- we were so busy this weekend having fun, and serving at church that we didn't do the housework- thing going on.

I have also tried sometimes to do the cleaning Sunday pm. Sometimes it happens. Sometimes it doesn't. One thing that's been helping me is having people over on Sunday pm... cuz then I HAVE to have the house cleaned up enough to be presentable. But it doesn't make it any less of a chore. And if it's just Toby, then I don't go all out. Just make sure the boys haven't made a mess in the bathroom, tidy up any kitchen messes, and throw a peach cobbler in the oven.

Soooo... to make a long story short. Yes. We have that same thing happen. :)

Love ya!
-Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin, we LOVE breakfast for dinner around here. David makes fun of me cause he will ask "what is for dinner", and I will say "breakfast" LOL He thinks it is funny. Well, anyway, yes Mondays are so like that for us as well. Busy Busy!! So I know EXACTLY what you mean!! LOL

Love ya,
Emily

Unknown said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the photo where the boys are 'shaving' ----absolutely adorable!!! LOL!!! Great photo!

CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »