We moved in the house in late September. This is how the toy room first looked as we were going through boxes. Scary!! Needless to say we got rid of some toys..
And then got the toy room set up!
There was fairly good order in there, but it didn't look like a boys toy room to me! And we had other things in mind..
We finished the toy room the same time frame as the boys room was in late October, I just never took pictures of it until now!
Here's the door and what you see looking in.

Yep, that's a chalkboard! :) We painted the bottom with chalkboard paint, and picked up a piece of chairrail at Lowes. Darryl installed it and there we have it! the boys love it.
Here's a close up of the train my mom made for Caleb to help with his blends in school, too cute!
Here's a closeup of their bulletin board filled with their crafts and papers.

And here's the closet! I plan on getting hooks to hang the nets up. the top stores little toys like playdough & k'nex.
Here's the wall that our dry erase board is on. It is in between the closet door and door leading to the hallway.
Hope you enjoyed the before & after!











16 comments:
I really love the way their play room turned out. The colors and the chalk board are beautiful. I have always wanted to use that chalk board stuff but have never had the chance. Super cute, great job, Erin.
Their room is AWESOME!!! :) Love it!
Great room! Love the colors and the chalkboard wall is awesome!!! Great job!
AH! I love the idea of chalkboarding the bottom half of the wall. Kids draw on the walls anyway right . . . might as well make it usable space! :)
That is super cute! I would love for you to join me over at a vision to remember for check me out saturdays
www.iamonly1woman.blogspot.com
What a fun playroom! Love the chalkboard bottom and green top. Thanks for sharing at the POPP.
Way to go! What a lot of organization went into that project. I love the colors in the playroom. It looks like so much fun. Thanks for linking to Show and Tell!
Love the chalkboard wall and that train is such a good idea!
Thanks for linking up to What are little boys made of?
Kim
Your room looks great! I love the bright colors you picked & I REALLY love the chalkboard:)
Looks so great...I love the colors!
I love the colors and the chalkboard paint!! I really want to do that to my boys' bedroom but haven't yet.
Great room. I love the green & the huge chalkboard. Thanks for linking up on Tot Tuesdays last week. I hope you’ll join me this week for another party. Happy Easter!
This has got to be one of my favorite rooms of those I looked at!
I'm looking to use a similar green in our new schoolhouse, only paired with pink instead of blue. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to paint a wall that color - but the accents will be green. We'll see...
And I LOVE the chalkboard idea! I've been debating using whiteboard paint on a wall. My husband doesn't like the idea of encouraging kids to write on walls, though, so I'm still in debate stage.
Love the chalkboard wall!
Your room is fabulous!! I love the colors.
This looks great! So organized!
Nicole
Post a Comment