Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It's been a long time...and there's no good way to begin to explain..

I haven't written in a long time. 

And in March-April I'd say it was because we were finishing up our kindergarten and K3 school year with the boys, and were busy preparing to have our little girl.

She was born April 14th. Most beautiful baby girl EVER.

My heart was SO full. 


The boys were SO happy to finally meet their sister.



 We were completely COMPLETE.


In May I would say it was because we were adjusting to a newborn, celebrating Darryl's birthday, Mothers Day, our anniversary, dealing with a broken arm, bringing the boys to tball and coach pitch, and crazy busy with putting our house on the market.




Amidst all of the chaos, we were enjoying and loving having 3 kiddos, the boys just LOVED their new sister..






In the beginning of June I would say that it was because we were finishing up the seasons tball/coach pitch seasons with the boys, going to a week long VBS at church, getting a cast off, cleaning the house for it to be shown all the time, planning Caleb's 6th birthday party, and prepping for our visit to Louisiana to see our family and celebrate our home church's 25th anniversary.










We did visit, but nothing went as planned. One day after we arrived, our 3.75 year old baby boy went to be with Jesus following complications from a tragic drowning accident at my parents house. Our lives are changed forever.

I cannot describe the agony of losing a child. It's something that I wouldn't wish on anyone. I do ask for your constant prayers as that is all that gets us through some days, most days actually. 

I miss this face. 

I miss tucking him in, kissing, hugging, reading to him, I miss it all so much I want to scream!!!! But I can't have him back. Nothing *I* can do will give me my sweet, sensitive, goober of a little boy back.

The ONE comfort my husband and I have in this situation is knowing that Ayden is in Heaven with Jesus. He's running around on streets of gold, knowing no pain, no sorrow, only happiness. I miss his smile, his laugh, his little voice saying "Mommy". He has always had my heart and always will. 

I don't know why this happened to us. If you know me well, you know that I'm one of the most OVERprotective mothers on the planet. I honestly cannot believe it happened to me, to our family. But it did. We prayed for God to heal Ayden, to bring him back to us and our family. He did heal Ayden completely, just not in the way we were asking Him to. But ONE day, one amazingly awesome day, we will see him again, I will hold my baby boy again, and we will be COMPLETE. 

Oh, I just wish it were today. These past two months have felt like years. Years I want to take back and get the days back of hearing my boys run around, laugh, fight, anything but the silence!!!!

One month after Kaelyn was born, and the month before Ay passed away, I took a photo of my 3 kiddos that I will forever cherish.

Look at her touching her brother. So sweet, it just hurts my heart to know she'll never get to know how MUCH he loved her. But she will, I'll tell her every day if I have to. I will.




And Caleb, sweet boy. He turned six years old just 5 short days after the accident. He is torn up. It is so difficult for all of us. But, he lost his BEST friend. The one he spent more time with than anyone. I hate seeing him hurt.


Darryl & I miss seeing our boys together. We miss our little Ay man.

Please pray for us. That's what we need more than anything right now. 

Psalm 147:3 "He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds."



12 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I am so, so sorry. Please know you are in my prayers. I pray that God will comfort you all.

Tate Family said...

praying daily. orange will always hold a different meaning for me.

Anonymous said...

I have no words. Just wanted you to know that I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry.

Shanna said...

Erin, I'm just a random follower of your blog and reading this post, my heart breaks for you as if you were my best friend. I have no words, but I'm praying for you and your family.

Cheryl said...

I can't recall why I was led to your blog and became a follower some time ago, but now I think I know why God, in His perfect plan, did.

My heart is so heavy for you and your family on the passing of your special Ay. What a beautiful child!

I have not been spared the grief of losing a child either. My beloved son Caleb died at the age of 17 months while trying to get out of his crib.

I wish I wasn't able to say that I probably understand what you are going through, but I do and for that I can try to be a support if you ever need it.

Please contact me if you ever need to talk. (cherylandpeter@charter.net)

With love and Hope,
Cheryl

p.s. Your baby girl is beautiful too!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry. I know there's nothing I can do, but here's a virtual {HUG}. I can't imagine your loss. I admire your attitude that came through in your words and pictures of this post. It gave me chills and made me cry. Again, I'm so sorry that you have to go through this!

MamaDuck76 said...

Oh Erin,
There are no right words. I'm so sorry.

I've followed your blog because of tot school. I, too, have 2 little boys and a baby girl. I can't even imagine the heart break that you're experiencing. No mama, no daddy, no brother or sister should EVER have to grieve like this.

Hang in there. Cling to Jesus. Know that you will be prayed for each and every day. Hold on to that hope that, one day, you will see your sweet baby boy again.

I don't know if this will help or not, but my cousin and her husband lost their little girl in a drowning accident at her grandparents house in August 2008. My cousin has blogged about her family's journey through the grief, starting here:
http://busscherfamily.blogspot.com/2008/08/grace-unmerited-gift-from-god.html

Thinking of you with a very heavy heart, praying for you throughout this day and in the days to come.

Dawn

MamaDuck76 said...

By the way, your sweet baby girl is just beautiful. Congratulations!

Mommy2Layla said...

Erin, I love you so much! I wish there was more I could do or say but you're always in my thoughts, I hope you know that. Please call if you need ANYthing!

King J's Queen said...

I am so sorry! My heart breaks for all of you.

Al's Girl said...

I read your "Note" on Facebook but did not get a chance to reply so I came here to re-read it today and leave you a note. I'm so glad you are writing again and this post was so beautiful - full of love - full of Ayden - full of the painful journey you have been on. Love you very much and praying for you today of all days. <3

Tina Bollinger said...

I am so sorry. I went to the women's prayer meeting the other night and was asked to read Psalm 147:3.This verse made me think of your family. You and your family are in our prayers everyday.

The Bollingers
Fred,Tina,and girls

CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »