Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First day of school

Caleb started 1st grade the first week of August! He had a hard first week with not used to being away from us, but he is doing SO well. Here's a few photos of his first day..

He was hard to wake up..




Chocolate sprinkle donuts helped though ;)

 SO so cute..

 Missing our Ay man every step of the way..
 Caleb's desk

He started coloring right away...this is how I could tell he was getting upset. My mommy heart was struggling here so badly!
 All smiles ( we were both faking)
 And with daddy...

I wish I could say we pulled it off without a hitch... but it's not how it happened. Poor bub was screaming & crying. A good friend of mine that works at the school ended up going in there to comfort him and assure him that we'd be back, and he calmed down. And yes, I was there for over an hour until I knew he was ok. He didn't know that, but I was there! I waited and listened..  I'll always be there to wait & listen for him! The rest of the week went pretty good. No tears. For him anyway. ;) My big boy is growing up. Wish I could be homeschooling my Ay man for K4 like I had planned on, but we know all too well our plans don't always work out..  Thankful that Caleb is in a great school though.. It's been so good for him to make friends and learn. He has a really awesome teacher too!

1 comments:

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

I cry for both of you... for change and broken dreams.

So thankful that he has a good teacher and a great school! What a blessing that is.

CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »