Lately Caleb has been stunning me with his wisdom. I mean, yes, he still does the typical 6 year old things... He whines, asks for food constantly, and of course likes to have the last word.
But he's wise beyond his years. Beyond his own comprehension.
He brings up Ayden alot, ALOT. And I'm glad. I'm glad that he wants to keep him as an every day part of his life. Because God knows that I'm mentioning him all day every day. In everything I see, I think of Ayden and how much I miss him.
We were in the drive through line at Starbucks the other day, and he was discussing what happened with Ayden. I let him say whatever he feels like saying. It's good for him to talk it out I think.
"If I knew that ladder was down, I would have not let Ayden go in that pool!" he said.
"I know bud, me either" I said.
"If I would have seen him fall in, I would have run and told you momma." he said.
"I know you would Cbear, I know you would! Don't you ever think it's your fault" I said.
"I wouldn't have chose for Ayden to leave us. But you know what Mommy, it's not our choice. God chooses when He wants people to go to Heaven, IT'S GOD'S CHOICE."
I sat there, speechless. I knew what he just said. I know that he was right, and that God is all powerful, in control completely and He does what He sees fit. But Caleb? He's 6! His understanding of things awes me. And though he's in so much pain missing his brother & best friend, he comforts me. He lets me know that God's got this, God's in control, not us. Even if we want to be.
He wrote this on a Wednesday night during prayer requests at church.. No one told him to write it.. He really really encourages me and he doesn't even know it.












0 comments:
Post a Comment