So yes, it's been too long since I've updated! The kids & I came here to Brandon, MS to close on the house on Sept 16th. My parents and Darryl's mom came that day also to help bring a few things and watch the boys. The movers came on the 24th to bring all of our stuff, and it was so awesome to see it!! My parents and Darryl's mom also came on that day to help me out, and it was greatly appreciated! Darryl graduated from the FAA Academy on the 25th and we picked him up that night around 1030. It is so nice to have him home again. On the 27th we drove back to Slidell to see all the church people Darryl's missed for 2 months, and we drove home the same night. The 29th Darryl's sister, Julie came up to visit for a few days, and the 30th Darryl's brother, sister in law, and 2 boys came to visit. They stayed until Oct 3rd and the kids had a blast together! On the 6th my mom drove to Slidell to get me and the boys so we could go see Lisa, Andrew, & Aubrey. We stayed up there for 2 days and one night and had a great time. Darryl drove up after work on the 7th and went to church with us and got to meet Aubrey FINALLY!! We drove home late that night and were so worn out. This past Saturday, the 10th, we went to the State Fair. It was a ton of fun and the boys loved seeing the animals and playing the games. It was nice to get out and do something in our new city! Since then we've just been trying to get the boxes out of our garage, and get the house in order. Darryl's loving his job, which makes us all happy. He comes home with a huge smile on his face talking about what went on that day with the aircraft and so on. He really enjoys it.
The boys are loving their new home. They miss their grandparents tons, but yay for phone calls and 2.5 hour drives. Hopefully someone will visit us soon! ;) Caleb's doing really well with his reading, he asks so many questions these days and most of them make me laugh out loud. He is SUCH a chatterbox and sometimes it's hard to get a work in edgewise. I'm about to start potty training Ayden. He's not too excited about it anymore so we'll see how it goes! He's so funny, wanting to do everything Caleb does. And those boys are either the best of friends or at each other's necks during the day. Brothers. ;) The boys have said so many funny/cute things this month and I need to get in the habit of writing them down, especially when we're completely busy, because I don't remember them!!
I'm doing great here. I love the city we live in, and the surrounding cities. The shopping is amazing, I can't wait to see more of the stores. I can't wait to start baking a bunch of goodies either!! It's about pie time!! :) The chilly weather has arrived and Fall is definitely here, and I love it. We are still searching for a church home, so pray for us about that! It's so important, and we aren't taking it lightly.
Hope everyone is doing well and now that things are settling down here I'll be sure to post more often I promise!!
1 comments:
You've kinda been busy, girl, so I guess we'll forgive you for not posting. Heehee. :) Just kiddin'!
I know what you mean about the brothers being best buds one minute and at each other the next. Amazing, isn't it?!
Hope we can come visit... but def. will be there for Thanksgiving! Yay! Looking forward to seeing your new place.
Love ya!
Post a Comment