"Wait, Ayden would be turning 5??" was Caleb's response as the lady at party city proceeded to inflate the larger than life number 5 balloon. "That's really close to my age! I didn't know that.."
My heart completely sank. Because all Caleb remembers of his little brother is stuck in that moment. Him being 3.75 years old, still so small, not realizing they are only 2 years and 2 months apart, and YES, you're brother is supposed to grow with you.
It's not fair.
Five years ago, we welcomed the sweetest, most funny little boy into the world.
Our Ay man. As of today, he's spent two birthdays in Heaven.
It's hard to look back at all the time we had, and not get to have him here NOW.
But still I look..
Such a precious baby boy.
First nap with daddy, a moment in time but a memory never forgotten.
He was only 6lbs 7oz which was such a drastic change from the 7lbs 14oz big brother Caleb was.
Little did we know how different they'd be in every way!
Ayden & Daddy.. the look alikes :)
I was so excited to have two boys so close together and them grow up to be best friends... and that they were for 3.75 years.
First Christmas... not diggin the santa hat!
He got quite chunky :)
I LOVE being a boy mom.. And I loved taking pics of the boys in their carsets sleeping. So sweet.
1st birthday! Sweet dimples.
2nd birthday.. spent visiting Daddy at an FAA school in OKC. Worth the 12 hour drive up there with the boys by myself so he wouldn't miss one of Ayden's birthdays! So SO glad we did that.
The boys loved ganging up on Daddy.
We moved into our first home we ever bought right after Ay turned two.
The boys LOVED the fort & swingset the most.
Ay's favorite way to swing :)
I swear I can hear his laugh here... and the dimple on his elbow.. so sweet.
One of the things I miss most is watching my boys play together. There is nothing like it.
The boy loved balloons, and was so excited for his party!
Love this pic because this is classic Ayden. At any birthday party when the pinata was broken and everyone was still picking candy up he'd sit down amongst the chaos and open one piece of candy to enjoy RIGHT then. He didn't want to wait. He just wanted one yummy piece. :) Love him.
The last time I ever got to see him blow out candles, right here. I always second guess thinking well maybe I shouldn't have worried so much about getting the photos because do I remember the moment well enough? But my answer is here. I DO remember the moment BECAUSE of the photos. Looking through the years of photos I remember so many things I would have forgotten without the pictures. Pictures ARE memories that you keep forever. And that's priceless.
Happy 5th birthday sweet Ay, Momma, Daddy, Caleb, & KGrace love you soooo much and we wish you were here. I wonder what kind of party you would want and who your friends would be. Most likely everyone because you loved so well. Such a beautiful smile and a big heart. I wish I could read you goodnight moon and tuck you in. Miss you every second of every day, but I know I'll see you again. Love you so much.
"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." Rev 21:4
"That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life." Titus 3:7
To know more of Ayden's story or to learn about what we are doing in his name through Ayden's Foundation of Hope, click here.











































7 comments:
Continued prayers to you and your family. Thank you for sharing your story Erin.
He is just so adorable in every way... That dimple elbow is just precious. praying for you and your family.
Happy birthday sweet Ayden. Thinking of your family on this bittersweet day x
I'm crying for you as I look through his sweet photos. I know we don't know each other but you're in my prayers. I bet Jesus threw Ay an amazing 5th birthday party.
What beautiful photos of a special adorable little boy (and family). What a blessing to have so many photos!
Hugs and love to you on this, sometimes, very difficult day...A day of longing.
Happy 5th Birthday, Ayden! I am so incredibly glad that you have so many photos... I am thankful for the ones I have as well, although I remember looking at a few where I thought "Oh well, I'll get one of him looking at the camera later." Who but God knew that later would never come?
But one day... we won't have to rely on memories and pictures and dreams. One day we will hold our boys again and never ever no never have to let go! I can't wait for that day.
Until then, press on, my precious friend. Keep taking pictures. Keep loving on Darryl, Caleb and KGrace. Keep seeing all in light of the Cross. The Bible is real. God loves you. His promises are true. All will be made right.
I'm glad that God gave Ay to you 5 years ago. It is a day to celebrate!
Love you even though I haven't met you. Praying for you often.
It's been a long time since you've posted anything for tot school/homeschool, but I still keep your blog in my google reader simply so I can be reminded to pray.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts & feelings. Please know that you are prayed for by friends, by strangers, by so many...I'm lifting you up to Jesus right now, knowing he can carry you through one day at a time.
Post a Comment