So we are ending week 4 of school today, and I'm just now MAKING time to post about week one! Yikes!
Here's my big boy on his first day of kindergarten!
He's so crazy and goofy acting!
We focused on alot of reading and writing, along with just remembering what we learned last year. We also did math worksheets..
I make him write his numbers 1-10 almost every day. Practice makes perfect!

We used the A_Z curriculum from Confessions of a Homeschooler for Ayden's preschool time. It really helps to keep him busy, and makes him feel special too! He's always asking about his "school".
He used the dot to dot markers, and they were an *instant* hit! He loved them and has asked for them every day since! He worked ou puzzles, cutting, tracing, and sorting. We started out with the letter A and just will continue on with that. My main focus with him is that he learns letter/number recognition, and just has fun!
He LOVES to cut!
Later in the week, we made a trip to the grandparents. I had to be there for my sister in law's bridal shower, so I brought the school work with! That's definitely a plus. :)
Caleb did all the worksheets I had for him without a problem, and LOVED the time with his Nan Nan reading his science book. She's a teacher, and she's so great with making learning fun for kids!
He also did numbers with her! He did great with them too! He can recognize 1-50 without much of a problem!
I brought a little bit of Ay's stuff, but not too much. He's more interested in playing right now, and that's fine by me. Especially at his grandparents house!

And there you have it, week one completed! Now to catch up on posting about the other 3 weeks we've done. :) Even though it was hectic sometimes, it was fun, and the boys had a good time with it. We did alot more than was pictured, but I have to teach some of the time! :)
Ephesians 3:20 "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us"


















1 comments:
Thanks for letting me be a guest teacher at school one day! Of course it's such a pleasure and joy to teach my grandkids, just like it was teaching you!
Post a Comment