We left our house at about 530 in the morning to head for the white, sandy beaches of Pensacola, FL!
We were ALL so excited to get there!
First stop before even reaching the beaches was the National Museum of Aviation!
We had never taken the boys anywhere like it, and they were just amazed.
They both have a huge LOVE of anything that flies, so this was right up their alley.
We all really loved it there. We even went to the Imax & watched an amazing show
about the blue angels. It was so good it was making me sick with all the spinning! LOL
They were so curious about everything, and it was really neat to just watch them take it all in.
Daddy loved it too!! He's a huge aviation fan.
After we left we were headed to...
Woohoo! I had missed a nice, clean beach! We don't live near the coast anymore, so I really really miss it! We don't live super far away, but it's definitely not convenient!
We had lunch, got checked into the hotel, and headed to the water. The boys were
SO very anxious to get there, and weren't afraid of it at all! In fact, it made me VERY nervous, especially with daredevil Ayden!
It was just gorgeous out there and I loved playing in it with the boys. Darryl bought a boogie board
and went out with it and had a ton of fun.
And so did the boys!! haha this was so funny to watch. They were soooo cute.
After a few hours at the beach, we hopped in the pool and then went to the room to change and went to dinner! Right on Pensacola beach they had an AMAZING pizza place, that said it was like Italy, so of course we tried it!
And yes, of course I brought Thomas UNO in my purse for the wait! ;)
I have to say, having been to Italy and tasted the pizza, it REALLY did remind me of Italy.
It wasn't too thick, but was so very tasty. We LOVED it and chowed down.
The boys had to pose in front of the fat pizza man!
The next day they were both up & ready to go with their own new boogie boards
that Daddy got them! Sweet Daddy.
Look which one he found for Ay! Perfect for him, such a Mickey Mouse lover.
Caleb's was bigger, of course, which he was proud of.
And let me tell you, this child had no fear. He was out there with us far out trying to ride the waves.
Enough to make this momma worried, but he did great!
We both waded with Ayden in the water alot, he loved it
We didn't make too many sandcastles, the boys loved the water too much!
Here's the pool we spent a couple of times every day at. There were two of them across from each other. Really nice pools!!
And here's the view from the door of our room. I was so glad we got the bottom floor!!
The gate you see to the right was the pool we were in, and there's another to the left.
As you can see we were only steps from the beach too! The hotel was just GREAT.
After a long day of playing in the sun & water, we went to dinner, and then found a beautiful spot to walk and take pictures on the beach at sunset. It was SO beautiful.
What made it even more perfect was the full moon. Ahhh it was so gorgeous.
Here's another of my handsome, growing boys.
Caleb even played photographer for this one. It turned out well :)
We then headed back to the room for the night. All of us were worn out!
The next morning we were up early for breakfast, packing, and getting ready to go play at the beach some more before we had to leave. We got our boogie boards out & ready to hit the waves!
There was only one *slight* problem...
there were none!!
It was soooo clear, and so calm that morning. There was no way we were boogie boarding.
So we decided to wade around and look for shells..
We found some really gorgeous ones! I can't wait to create something with it.
Guess what else we found??
THIS.
Yep, it's a shark. We saw 4 of them up close and personal that morning, so we stayed VERY
close to the shore, got some shells, and then headed for the pool! LOL
We did manage to get a video of one, so that's pretty cool.
After we played in the pool a bit, we checked out of the room, and went to walk on the boardwalk, and get a magnet. We have quite the collection now. :)
We also headed to the go kart place, to take the boys for a ride. It was sooo funny!
It was their first ride and it was great. We were the only ones on the track and the boys were cracking up. Ayden was a bit skinny for the belt, but he rode with Daddy so he was good.
Then we grabbed smoothies for us for lunch, and chickoners for the boys and headed to the dell
to visit family. We had an amazing little family getaway in Pensacola, and the boys cannot wait to go back. They loved it, and so did we!!


















6 comments:
Happy Friday! I'm your newest follower!
If you get a chance, please follow me too at:
http://www.mommylivingthelifeofriley.com
Have a great weekend!
I was so glad to read about your trip to the beach. I especially liked how you captured the fun using the collages! Your pics were gorgeous; I could just about feel the sand, waves, and sun!
I am now a follower and I would love a follow back! http://stashmama.blogspot.com/
Thank you so much :) btw you have a beautiful family
Hello! I am following from Friday Blog Hop!
http://naturalbabygiveaways.com/friday-fun-604/
Hi from blog hop friday! I'm your newest follower. You have such gorgeous pictures - wish I could take pictures like that!
www.ourpeculiarlives.blogspot.com
Hi, I'm following you from friday blog hop.
Isn't the florida beaches awesome:)
Have a blessed weekend.
www.ourhopeisinthelord.blogspot.com
April
Post a Comment