So instead of trying to do various posts and catch up on the last 3 months, I will make one post about all the happenings since then.
Ok, so starting with March. Pa J (Darryl's dad) came to Germany to help us pack our stuff and move, and also to fly back with me & the boys to go home 2.5 months early to get settled and save some money. Also my best friend Lisa was moving from Mississippi soon after, so I wanted to go back to the States to see her and spend some time with her. Anyway, so yeah it was March and it was snowing while the movers were packing our stuff! It was crazy. I have some pics of it but not on this computer... So, moving on...we get Stateside and it took a good 2 weeks for the boys to totally get situated, and onto their sleep schedules. We did alot of fun stuff, and we were enjoying the awesome weather!!
In April we celebrated Nan's birthday, and did lots of fun things like go to the street fairs and stuff like that. The kids mostly were just soaking up the time they could spend outdoors since they didn't have to worry about snow anymore. THANK GOD! haha. Then at the end of the month my parents, the boys, and I traveled over to Greenville, TX near Dallas to visit my brother & family! I had only met 1 of his 3 kids, so it was due time! We hadn't seen each other since 2006, and it was great to catch up with all of them and finally have all of the cousins together!! Very neat. Their youngest, Aliyah is such a beautiful baby girl. She's sooo sweet. All 4 boys had a ton of fun playing with each other, and we even got all 4 of them in the bathtub! Too funny. We had a really good time catching up with each other, it was a great trip.
May finally came along and it was Daddy's birthday on the 5th. I sent him a king cake and a few things in a package and it got there right before his birthday, so I was excited. Though, it was funny because Caleb just HAD to have a piece of king cake before we sent it, and Darryl loved that Caleb shared in his cake even from far away. Lots and lots of swimming went on in the month of May, and LOTS of spending time with Lisa and Aubrey, since they found out they were moving to California later that month. Lisa and I had our ladies night on Darryl & my 5th anniversary on May 22, and it was a BLAST. Super bittersweet though because she & Aubrey were leaving the next day for California. I'm so glad I came early to spend a few months and meet my little, amazing niece before they moved. So worth it!!
Then came June, and before we knew it, we were picking Darryl up from the airport! The boys were SO excited to have Daddy back..they followed him EVERYWHERE! We went out to eat with friends and family the night he got home and it is just really nice to have him back again!











0 comments:
Post a Comment