This past weekend my hubs got to painting our ugly yellow-goldish bathroom
a beautfiul tan color--hot chocolate to be exact! ;)
Love it.
I needed some cute wall art, but didn't want to spend alot of $$ at the moment.
I had gotten a 3 pack of cute stencils at Hobby lobby during the week,
and these were perfect!
I had this canvas lying around for about a year & a half.. I had bought it on clearance when we lived in Germany. I spraypainted the canvas brown.
Then I used the same tan color that Darryl used for the bathroom, for the stenciled part!
I also added some blue in the center to make it pop a bit.
And there we go! Some cute, cheap, DIY wall art for the bathroom, that only
cost me a can of spraypaint, and $2.99 for stencils!
And since I had the paint out...
and had another smaller canvas on hand.
I decided to try out a few of the other stencils that came with the pack!
My two year old had different plans for me though.
Scribble painting is his game..
He was not happy that I got frustrated with him over the paint mess. LOL
If at first your two year old cutie messes it up...
try, try again.
Perfect for the stall part of the bathroom!
I love frugal ways to make the house look cuter and more decorated!
This was fun & super easy! And CHEAP! Since I had everything on hand except for the stencils and spray paint, I only paid about $5 for the supplies! Yay for cheap. :)
Linking to all of these parties!
30 comments:
I like the color combo! And especially the fleur-de-lis. :) Great job, girl.
Love,
Sarah
I gave you an award. check it out
http://makinitdomestic.blogspot.com
brooke
Very creative and CUTE!
I REALLY like this idea. I've never thought of doing that. I always want something on my walls but I'm not into junky fake prints. I'm going to try this out whenever we move to the US.
great Job Erin
I wouldn't have thought to use spray paint - great job! Thanks for sharing on SugarBee Craft Edition, www.craftedition.blogspot.com!
That is super cute! I love the colors!
Super cute! I've been there on the whole frustrated helper end! I've found it's fun to just buy a few of the 8x10's and let the boys go at it...I can be creative and they feel like they're helping too! (you never know what kind of masterpiece you'll get)
Oh, using the same Hot Chocolate on the canvases turned out so striking and pretty, I love it! I'm not a brown person at all, and I would even hang those in my home - great job!
Love the art work!! Great color scheme!
Love it!!!!!!! my FAV colors!!!!!! Thanks so much for linking up to gettin' crafty on hump day :)
The second one is my favorite! I love home made wall art. I feel it's more meaningful than picking up some mass produced (overpriced) piece from Home Sense or somewhere similar!
Those are so adorable!!!
Those turned out great. I love how they coordinate with the wall color and towels. So pretty!
I love what you have done here and I agree 100%... making something awesome is the best feeling!
Those turned out fabulous! I love them both! :)
That IS cute! What a cute little boy, too! I love the pic in your header!!!
I'd love for you to check out my blog for a fun CSN giveaway! Have a great night! alittleknickknack.blogspot.com
Great colors,, love the fleur de lis..
Beautiful colors... what a great idea on easy art! Thanks for sharing with us at the POPP.
I bought the very same stencil package from Hobby Lobby this week too! I'm going to post my project that I did next week! Good job!!
Hey Its Cheri from Its So Very Cheri and the DIY Club inc.
Thank you for entering the DIY Club inc event.
I came by to check out your project and follow along and I hope you will do the same. I don't see a follow button so I will have to add you to my reader.
I don't see any of the required products used in your project that are on the REQUIRED LIST. We realize some people accidentally entered the wrong parties.
We are working on adding more amazing products to add to the list so you gals will have even more products to work with.
If you have a project you would like to enter that meets the guidelines we would love to see your projects. You are a very crafty and talented gal.
Cheri for the DIY Club inc
That is so fabulous and inexpensive...awesome project. I do love the color of your walls...mmmm Hot Chocolate!
I love this wall decor!! so cute! I'd love for you to link up http://iheartnaptime.blogspot.com/2010/05/sundae-scoop-favs-link-party-and.html
Very cute and crafty ideas! Your kids are adorable btw and I love your name...my daughter's name also! :o)
terelauritsen.blogspot.com
Great idea! Thanks so much for linking up to Home and Family Friday at Home is Where My Story Begins. I love the pictures of your family on your blog. The black and whites, especially, are beautiful!
Becca
These are beautiful!! Great idea! Thanks for linking up!
How cute is that?!? I love the new color and what a beautiful accent piece to accessorize it!
Love the new color! Fabulous! Your wall art turn out great! Love the stencil you used. Thanks for stopping by and joining the Sunday Showcase! I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn
I love these! Great work! Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites!
I'm stopping back by to let you know that I'm featuring your post this week. Come by and get a "featured" button if you'd like one.
Post a Comment